Feb 16 2007
The writer of the post, Dragos Tuta says (my free English translations),
The two true believers in stalinism, with similar childhoods and similar roads to power, were judged in similar ways and with the support of similar arguments. They both died violent deaths to the hands of judicial errors [falterings].
At the end of the Romanian transcript we have a summary of charges (which are missing from the English transcript):
La scurt timp dupa executie, pe postul national de televiziune s-a dat citire urmatorului comunicat:
Luni, 25 decembrie 1989 a avut loc procesul lui Nicolae Ceausescu si al Elenei Ceausescu, in fata Tribunalului Militar Exceptional.
Capete de acuzare:
- Genocid — peste 60.000 de victime;
- Subminarea puterii de stat prin organizare de actiuni armate impotriva poporului si a puterii de stat;
- Infractiunea de distrugere a bunurilor obstesti prin distrugerea si avarierea unor cladiri, explozii in oras etc;
- Subminarea economiei nationale;
- Incercarea de a fugi din tara pe baza unor fonduri de peste un miliard de dolari, depuse in banci straine;
Pentru aceste crime grave impotriva poporului roman si a Romaniei, inculpatii Nicolae Ceausescu si Elena Ceausescu au fost condamnati la moarte si confiscarea averii. Sentinta a ramas definitiva si a fost executata.
My free English translation:
Shortly after the execution, the national Romanian TV station broadcast the following statement:
Monday, Dec. 25, 1989 Nicolae Ceausescu and Elena Ceausescu, were judged by an ad hoc Military Tribunal.
They were charged with the following:
- Genocideâ€”over 60,000 victims
- Undermining state government by organizing military activities against the people and against state government.
- Destruction of government buildings by explosions and demolition of city buildings
- Undermining national economy
- Attempt to flee the country and tap into funds exceeding 1 billion dollars deposited into foreign banks.
For these serious crimes against the Romanian people and the Romanian Republic, the defendants Nicolae Ceausescu and Elena Ceausescu were sentenced to death, and their estate was confiscated. The sentence is final and was executed.
Parts of the transcript are confirmed by the following video in Romanian with French dubbing and Romanian subtitles.
Feel free to respond in English or Romania… or any other language (I’ll take the liberty to reply in English ).
One response so far